Saturday, May 21, 2016

Has it really been so long??

WOW, it's been a long time (9 months??). Finally trying to get back into doing some art, so I dug out a couple old pieces and finished them.

The first one is quite a bit older than the second; done during a period when I wasn't too keen on inking at all. I tried to add a background on, but with the lack of inking I couldn't make the figures stand out. I think the expressions are pretty good, but the anatomy could be better :/ I have a problem with head size, most likely because of how many years I spent not really drawing people with human proportions...

Anyway, it's meant to be Raina and Alex during a period pretty early on in their relationship. Things are pretty rocky for them for a while. 

Been toying with Alex's design lately...I really want more of a contrast between her hair and skin color (darker skin, paler hair), and I changed the way her earrings look. 

This one is fairly recent, done with the help of a reference (though still not the best anatomy-wise). Because of the heavier inking on it, I was able to do a textured background/lighting experiment on it which I think looks okay :) Really trying to work on the backgrounds lately.

Raina's lack of self-confidence is one of her biggest weaknesses, and Charlie is a big factor in helping her overcome that. The image is a dancing lesson that turns into a bit more than either of them bargained for XD.

1 comment: